Do you find yourself having so much to do and not enough time to do it? Are you putting off the necessary tasks that need to be completed in order for you to get further in your future?
If your answer is yes, I have a few things that can help you. I picked up a new book called “Manage Your TIME: Control Your Workload and Make Time for Success,” by James Manktelow.
Now this is a book that I definitely needed! I often find myself putting off the things that I need to do for my “million-dollar idea.”
People have to realize that they must take time out to develop their big picture; managing and organizing the little things that will eventually place a delay on the big things in life. Everyone has a dream and that dream usually defines his or her future. Sometimes people get so caught up soley in the “dream” that it becomes just that, a dream.
This is something that I live by, I tell people that I do not dream, I set goals! You have to transform your dream into your goal, so that it can now be accomplished. Defining your goals is definitely a reality check, because it now forces you to take time to focus on what it is that you want and how to get there.
As a budding entrepreneur, I most certainly hope that you have a notebook or binder used only for your product and or idea. If not, get one immediately! Get your pen and paper ready; we are now artists creating our big picture:
- Write down your product/idea and the ultimate goal that you have set for it.
- Create your Plan 60, which means formulate a statement of where you want to be by time you reach the age of 60. This taps into your future, it’s a sort of “Bucket List”. You must turn your “wants” into both long-term and short-term goals. Tip: Focus on these categories: Self, Family, Career, Finances, Health and Spirituality.
- Formulate Effective Goals with S.M.A.R.T. (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound) and make a two-sided column with weak goals transforming into powerful goals.
- Create your Five-Year Plan. Where do you see yourself in five years?
- Do a reality check! The realization of the limits of your time should place a jump-start on your plan of action.
- Write your Top Life Goals
I have just broken down the Goal-Setting Process for you, without a process your dream becomes further and further out of your reach. Once you have followed this goal-setting process, you should have identified your most important wants and weeded out the distractions that are a waste of time and deter your focus. Set clear and precise goals so that they can be measured and you are able to take pride in their achievement.
Now go become like Picasso and create your Masterpiece!