During the summer, our exposure to the sun and the elements are amped up, so it’s only appropriate to change up your skincare routine to suit the sweat and heat of the summer. Here’s my summer beauty faves to beat the heat!
1. Cosmedicine Medi-Matte SPF 20 Moisturizer – this stuff is incredible! The Medi-Matte line is an absolute godsend for people with naturally oily skin. I recommend this not only for people with oily skin but people with combination/normal skin during the hot sweaty summer. It is moisturizing, quick absorbing and doesn’t give any of the typical oily look of high quality moisturizers which are needed during the colder months to prevent overydrying. The SPF 20 is obviously awesome.
2. Caudalie Eau de Beaute – I love the French brand Caudalie and the smell of this toner is very herbal and invigorating. It really helps tighten pores and decreases oiliness without overdrying.
3. Ole Henriksen On the Go Cleanser – this cleanser has a delicious orange smell that I love to wake up to in the morning. Right after you use it the skin is so bright and clear. With the Vitamin C infusion in this orange based cleanser it keeps the skin very healthy and exfoliated – perfect to get off all the dirt and sweat from a long ride on the subway home or after an afternoon at the beach.
4. Dior Addict Lip Glow – Dior has the best lip products I have ever used whether it is their gloss, lipsticks, or this wonderful lip moisturizing balm which changes color based on your personal body chemistry! I am a total devotee to Lip Glow as it gives me the most wonderfully natural pink pucker and also keeps your lips super soft! It also goes on light so it doesn’t feel too heavy in the sun!
5. Tocca Solid Perfume in Cleopatra – For a quick fragrant pick me up during the hot summer days, when it seems like that spritz of perfume in the morning just can’t seem to last through the day, try keeping a small solid perfume in your purse or to-go make up bag! I love Tocca’s Cleopatra, sweet yet a touch spicy!
To my fashion forward, make sure you are ready for the summer swelter – whether you’re hitting the beach in Malibu or the Hamptons!