Leaked sex tapes are the demo tapes of the new century. Some stars are more famous than others when their claim to fame comes around, but they all have one commonality; their careers reach a whole new level once the whole world sees them engaged in sexually explicit behavior.
It’s already hard to encourage female youth to use their brains instead of their bodies to get ahead, but the sex tape release phenomena has made it more difficult. I‘ve joked with my friends on numerous occasions about making a sex tape so I can get endorsements, TV shows, and magazine spreads like Kim Kardashian, however, it has remained a joke. Although her last name was famous enough on its own, Paris Hilton also garnered more cash and fame after her debut movie “One Night in Paris.”
Who knew Montana Fishburne would take heed to this career path? I didn’t. Not only because I didn’t know who she was until her porn star aspirations became public, but she’s the daughter of acclaimed actor Laurence Fishburne. Montana openly shouts out Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton as her inspirations for her film debut. Montana isn’t the only Gen Y female that will use her body to get her career started faster than others.
CanDoBetter.com surveyed 2800 of their online members, which consists of Gen Y males and females, to see where their “heads” were at and the results were surprising to say the least.
- 64% of women said they WOULD make a sex tape or take nude photos to break into a career.
- 42% of men said they WOULD make a sex tape public to get a promotion or beak in their career.
- 74% of men and women AGREE with Montana Fishburne and would take the route she has.
- 58% of men WOULD buy their boss an expensive gift to get ahead
- 36% of woman WOULD blackmail a co-worker or boss to get ahead
- 45% of women WOULD sleep with their teacher to pass a class.
I cant even pretend that I expected to see these numbers so high, but then again, our generation does have a “By any means necessary mentality.” I’m in no predicament to cast judgment, but there are so many alternatives we could use to get what we want in life.
Nobody ever said brains can’t have beauty, but it’s a little alarming when the beauty is traded for booty.